Keep Up with the Latest from the ToothWhisperer
May 21, 2020
While the ongoing COVID-19 crisis is not over, we are happy to confirm that dentists and dental hygienists have been cleared by health authorities to resume practice with certain limitations. At Tooth Whisperer Dental Hygiene, we offer a more unique one-on-one experience in a dental setting. Given our size, we have taken the following steps to resume practice in a safe and welcoming manner for both patients and staff:
- We are following the recommended guidelines for PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), including full-body gown, masks, goggles, and face shields. Our office manager wears a mask and gloves, as well.
- We are scheduling patients in 2-hour blocks to best ensure only staff and our patients are in the clinic at any one time.
- We are pre-screening patients to identify and postpone appointments in circumstances where a patient may present a risk of infection.
- When a patient arrives, we have them wash their hands in our washroom and utilize our alcohol-based hand sanitizer before the appointment proceeds. We are also taking a patient’s temperature, conducting a breathing test, and providing a 30-second mouth rinse.
- After each patient, we allow for air exchange and thoroughly wipe and disinfect all exposed surfaces, including bathroom handles/fixtures, countertops, and outside door handles.
- Our floors are cleaned with disinfectant several times a day.
- We have reduced to a reasonable minimum of all non-essential items in the operation and waiting room (equipment, pamphlets, books, children’s toys, etc,).
- We use and make available high percentage alcohol-based biodegradable disinfectants and hand sanitizers.
- We are in the process of securing and installing a medical-grade high-efficiency HEPA-filter modified for dental offices from Sinclair Dental to capture airborne saliva droplets created during procedures.
- Our laundry is done daily with pre-soaking in Oxyfresh oxygenating wash powder.
- We will continue to adjust and upgrade our disinfection procedures on the advice of health authorities.
We are happy to answer any questions regarding the resumption of services and are looking forward to resuming our practice and seeing our patients for dental hygiene appointments once they are comfortable venturing out as the lockdown restrictions are eased.